Maintenance Tech - Print Dept
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Bridgeview is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. It is located approximately 15 miles southwest of the Chicago Loop. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 16,446. It is a 10 minute car ride from Bridgeview to Bedford Park.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
- Perform various activities on equipment and machines including reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work;
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems;
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs;
- Lubricate or apply other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures;
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications;
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance;
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools.
- Performs other duties as required
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Candidate should have 3+ years of Maintenance experience within a manufacturing organization.
- Prior Injection Molding or Extrusion preferred
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Packaging Equipment is desired
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic and mechanical system and machinery
- Ability to read blueprints strongly desired
- Should have own tools; company will provide additional specialty tools if necessary.
- Proficient with Computers is a plus
- Good Communication skills are required to communicate with Supervision and other Departments