Construction Executive - Chicagoland Area
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Construction Project Executive position will report directly into the Vice President of Construction and manage 2-5 projects across the industry and be a key figure in mentoring junior Project Managers. With full control of who to hire and where to staff certain Project Managers/ Superintendents, this Construction Project Executive is full of growth and autonomy.
My client is a well-known General Contractor in the Chicagoland construction space who, over the past 20+ years, has been consistently ranked amongst the top GC's in the Midwest by ENR. With current projects in the Industrial, Aviation, Medical, Multifamily and Manufacturing markets my client's diverse portfolio enable them to remain stable in the industry and allows all employees access to a variation of projects.
- Manage a staff of 5-10 Project Managers, Superintendents, and Project Support staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support the corporate mission statement.
- Client Maintenance.
- Procedural and process issues.
- Financial issues and reporting processes.
- Subcontractor performance issues.
- Mentorship of junior team members and develop them into high performing professionals.
- Degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- 12-15 years of construction management experience required
- Been the lead PM on large scale, complex projects
- $30-40M project sizes
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, budgeting cost, field supervision, financial reporting, and client relationships
- Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to direct organize and communicate with team members at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Talent management
- Competitive Salary depending on experience (initial range 145k-175k)
- 20 PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Medical Benefits
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- End of year bonus
- Company vehicle provided
- Company cell phone and laptop provided
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Maternity Leave - 8 paid weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 paid weeks
- Holiday Raffle
- Referral Bonus
- End of year celebrations