Neighborhood Housing Services
Are you passionate about revitalizing Chicago’s communities with single-family development and strategic building initiative work at the ground level?
Are you ready to take your skills to an organization which builds our communities and leaders?
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Neighborhood Housing Services is a 46-year old nonprofit, community development organization focused on revitalizing historically underserved neighborhoods through homeownership. Our mission is to create opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives, and strengthen their neighborhoods. We do that by:
● Educating and preparing new homeowners for success
● Lending to help people buy, fix and keep their homes
● Administering grants that give a “hand up”
● Sustaining homeownership through foreclosure intervention services
● Preserving, rehabbing and investing i n housing
● Building powerful and enduring community partnerships
With its related entities, Neighborhood Lending Services (NLS), its community development financial institution and one of Illinois’ largest nonprofit lenders for single family homes, and NHS Redevelopment Corporation that stabilizes troubled buildings across Chicago, rehabs properties for sale, and builds newly constructed affordable homes in target neighborhoods, NHS strives to revive neighborhoods throughout Chicago and South Suburban Cook County.
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
The Marketing Associate will work with all department heads and program management staff and supervisors to develop marketing strategies, create plans and media assets (offline and digital), and implement those plans to promote NHS programs and services across different media platforms. Responsibilities will also include tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns, sourcing and managing the inventory of promotional items, creating or building a network of outreach partners as well as vendors, and ensuring that all marketing materials created are consistent with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with a variety of design programs, web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects. Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand presence through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about NHS Chicago, services available at its neighborhood offices, initiatives in which it is participating, products and services to essentially drive residents to our programs or available housing-related resources
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to implementation with a lens on the customer experience
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels such as content creation, content curation, lead generation campaigns, offline and virtual events, social media, and blogging
- Produce valuable, informational, and engaging content for our email marketing efforts, brochures, flyers, website and blog posts that attract and convince our target groups to take action
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Oversee and approve marketing materials for all business lines, from website banners to soft and hard copy brochures
- Develop campaign performance metrics for each marketing effort
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust advertising a nd marketing campaigns accordingly
- Stay u p-to-date with the latest trends and best practices i n marketing and measurement
- Must be intellectually curious
- Demonstrable experience i n marketing, together with a willingness to l earn
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and i n creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Knowledge of how to navigate website analytics tools and interpret data (e.g., Google
Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely and use spell check...often!
- Must have a team orientation or be comfortable working on teams and on collaborative projects
- Must be detail oriented and work well being self-directed
- Experience i n or willingness to l earn how to optimize the web pages for search engines and setting up campaigns on different social media platforms
- High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Proficiency or ability to quickly l earn design programs (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator,
- Experience with working within the Salesforce CRM tool a plus
- Experience with email marketing platforms a plus (e.g. Constant Contact, Mailchimp,
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Photographic acumen helpful
- Any experience working on community initiatives, housing, mortgage l ending or with a
nonprofit not necessary, but a HUGE plus
- Must be comfortable working with diverse audiences and socioeconomic statuses
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 year college degree i n Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communication,
Behavioral Economics, or related field
- 1-3 years experience i n a marketing or sales role
NHS offices are currently located i n Wicker Park, West Humboldt, and Chatham. This position is based i n Wicker Park. You may be required to travel between offices and to events across Chicago and Cook County. From time to time you may be required or want to work from home on occasion. While a computer and technology solution will be provided, you will need to have access to broadband internet at home.
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Office facilities are accessible.
NHS’ Commitment to Diversity:
Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago w as created i n 1975 to advocate for equitable mortgage l ending practices, to provide competitive l ending products, and stabilize the housing of the underserved residents of Chicago. That veteran spirit of economic empowerment and inclusion remains strong today i n our organization. NHS continues to support racial and gender equity, diversity, and inclusion among the NHS team and its partners, i n the mortgage delivery system, and i n all of its community programs. We challenge ourselves to continue l earning and evolving not only professionally, but also as a means to create a safe space for all NHS team members to realize their best selves such that they give that gift to each other and the communities we serve.
NHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and talented workforce.