Trainer, Direct Lending Learning and Development
Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, this position is primarily responsible for executing on the training and education program and processes for Ocwen/PHH Mortgage Family. This position will help develop and train on such programs as the New Hires and Refreshers, as well as overall product, process and soft skills within the organization.
• Product knowledge, new hire induction and classroom training, operations training, compliance training, sales training, and technology training.
• Monitors and evaluates training programs to ensure effectiveness.
• Uses technology to create training efficiencies and to track participation and documented knowledge.
• Will deliver training to a variety of locations so this role will travel occasionally.
• Complete new hire trainings with a 1st attempt throughput of more than 85% Maintain certification records for all new hires and produce the same as and when required
• Review and recommend areas of improvement in training content
• Analyze month on month QA defects & trends and prepare a refresher training plan accordingly.
• Be responsible for conducting monthly training interventions like PKT and PKT Refreshers.
• Maintain Training MIS around all training programs conducted and publish reports regularly to the Training Manager/BU
• Participate in bi weekly call calibrations with the BU and QA team
• Maintain and upkeep of training manuals, decks assessments and other training content
• Create and execute training with new product launches
• Increase competency and productivity of experienced Loan Officers (LOs) through group and individual training interventions
• Assist with training efforts regarding licensing of inexperienced and unlicensed new LO hires focusing on Mortgage 101, successful loan origination, Service Excellence etc.
• 3+ years of training and/or education experience
• 2+ years of work experience in the Lending/Originations industry. This experience can be in a different capacity than training
• Proficiency in one on one and group coaching and training
• High energy and engaging training style
• Proficiency working collaboratively with leaders in various departments to provide support while not managing team members
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage priorities
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Power Point and online training software applications
• Ability to leverage technology to increase efficiencies and cost savings
• Must possess good judgment, leadership and business skills
• Ability to be a creative, flexible and innovative team player
• Ability to travel to other sites to conduct onsite training sessions as well as conduct trainings through the remote mode like Teams/Over the Phone
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.