Human Resources Assistant
Beacon Hill Staffing Group, LLC
Our client, a manufacturing firm located in Cicero, seeks a temporary-to-full time Human Resources Assistant to support the growing Human Resources Department. This position will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department on all personnel matters and assists with payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
* Data entry of benefit enrollment for new employees.
* Verifies documentation and maintains books current.
* Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employees.
* Reconciles the benefits statements.
* Conducts audits of various payrolls, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
* Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
* Assists with processing of terminations.
* Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
* Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
* Assists with recruitment and interview process.
* Assists with the various employee discount coupons by contacting companies for coupons as directed by the Director
* Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
* Schedules conferences by reserving space as requested.
* Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
* Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
* Assists or prepares correspondence.
* Prepares new employee files.
* Answers phones, greets visitors, informs department members of guests and visitors when appropriate.
* Responsible for applicant processing and tracking of personnel records and files.
* Processes employee requests for I.D. badges and maintain records.
* Assist in payroll distribution. Assembles new hire packets and stocks all forms.
* Completes new hire processing with setting up of personnel files and records retention. Completes termination process with retirement of files in a clean and orderly manner. Tracks exit interview forms from issue to return.
* Provides administrative and clerical support for Human Resources and department managers as assigned by the Director.
* Processes mail.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Superior level of proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) for the purpose of word processing, spreadsheets and information retrieval.
* Ability to organize work effectively, prioritize daily work, re-prioritize on short notice. Must be able to handle and maintain a high level of confidential information while paying attention to detail.
* Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines. Solid analytical skills and logical thought process with the ability to identify and resolve assistant related HR issues/problems when appropriate.
* High School Diploma or GED required. Prefer 2-year associates degree, or BA in Human Resources; prior experience in HR & office administration beneficial.
* One (1) - three (3) years+ experience in a busy location. Work in a Human Resources or legal department is preferred
* Should have experience positively interacting with the public, guests and employees within the course of their duties
* Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)