Human Resources - HRIS Intern
The HEICO Companies LLC
Heico has a history of success. Since its founding over 40 years ago The Heico Companies L.L.C. has grown from a single business to over 70 separate companies through a strategic acquisition policy, and by reinvesting its earnings into internal growth and new prospects. Historically talented at restoring distressed companies, Heico strategically targets acquisitions that will complement its ever-growing portfolio of companies in manufacturing, construction, and industrial services.
These four core operations are organized into groups: Metal Processing Group, Construction Solutions Group, Applied Solutions Group, and Industrial Technologies Group. Once acquired, new Heico companies are assigned to a group and run on a stand-alone basis, allowing for great independence as well as the opportunity to share knowledge about markets, production processes, and management practices across other Heico groups and companies.
Heico continues to seek out new opportunities and maintain its standard of success. The Heico Companies L.L.C has remained a privately held company since its creation and maintains a majority ownership in each of its operations, which generate more than two and a half billion dollars in revenues. Many of our businesses are certified Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE). More information about the overall organization can be found at www.heicocompanies.com.
Our Internship Program not only provides real-world expertise and an opportunity to build problem-solving skills but also provides career development courses where you will learn, how to craft a cover letter and resume, expand your interview and presentation skills, and much more. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in weekly Lunch and Learns hosted by Heico’s department leaders. Then, at the end of the summer take what you have learned and apply it to your Year-End Presentation. We cannot wait to welcome our Internship Class of 2021
As the Human Resources – HRIS Intern, you will gain hands-on experience to a variety of Human Resources functions by working in our HRIS (Human Resource Management System: software that combines several systems and processes to ensure the easy management of human resources, business processes, and data). You will learn the ins and outs of our HRIS, UKG Pro (formally UltiPro). You will have the opportunity to learn the importance of data integrity and data analytics as it relates to HR metrics and dashboards. You will be working closely with the HRIS team to provide UKG Pro support to all internal customers within our organization.
- Research and assist the HRIS and Benefits Specialist to review and audit data
- Manage incoming support emails on a daily basis
- Learn new programs such as Power BI
- Build and update data reports as needed/requested
- Work with HR Talent Specialist to manage maintenance of the Recruiting and Onboarding portals within UKG Pro
- Actively pursuing a relevant undergraduate or graduate degree; seniors and recent college graduates highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees
- Handle confidential materials with discretion and accuracy
- Eager to learn and gain a holistic understanding of our Global HRIS
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite