Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 16 miles south west of Chicago, Bedford Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 580 at the 2010 census. Bedford Park consists of a small residential area and vast amounts of heavy industry sprawling to the east and a small amount to the west.
The R&D Tool Shop moved from our Bridgeview Facility to its current location in 2009 and was renamed the Innovation Center. The facility houses 22 CNC Machine Tools, a prototype center, and various grinding and assembly equipment. The Innovation Center has approximately 30 shop employees as well as product and tool designers, project managers and Corporate Engineering staff. The Innovation Center earned Pactiv’s annual Safety and Environmental awards for the past three years with zero incidents.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
Project Engineering Manager for the design procurement and installation of systems or equipment related to Plant Utilities & Infrastructure. These include: Electrical services & power distribution; compressed air, vacuum, process cooling water (ae. cooling towers, chillers and process water treatment.), boilers, generators, HVAC and building automation systems.
The ideal candidate has at least 4 years of plant infrastructure experience with chill water systems, compressors, and project management. An understanding of overall plant systems is helpful from a mechanical point of view is desired. This position can lead to growth within corporate engineering or plant operations.
This Position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Project Engineering Manager for the design procurement and installation of systems or equipment related to Plant Utilities & Infrastructure. These include: Electrical services & power distribution; compressed air, vacuum, process cooling water (ae. cooling towers, chillers and process water treatment.), boilers, generators, HVAC and building automation systems.
- Manage multiple projects to effectively meet deadlines.
- Provide analysis and report of electrical power distribution systems and infrastructure equipment to support new production equipment installations and potential plant expansions. This should include the initial design, sizing, equipment specifications, and the cost investment detail estimates.
- Communicate with various utilities to determine available capacity to support future loads.
- Coordinate between plant and utility for new services installations and scheduled power outages.
- Identify creative solutions for cost savings and/or achieving strategic goals.
- Perform periodic review for various plants of their preventative maintenance programs and service agreements related to infrastructure equipment, assuring that plant facilities and production equipment are properly maintained.
- Work with various plants technical and operations resources to identify capital deployment opportunities.
- Responsible for CAR submissions and coordination of capital activities.
- Provide engineering support and resources as needed to sustain plant infrastructure reliability.
- Help to develop the technical talent in the group.
- Acts as internal consultant providing technical guidance on the most complex projects and problems by applying creativity, innovation, tools, methods, and techniques integrated with technical insights, knowledge and experience to form conclusions and resolutions.
- BS degree in engineering preferred, with 5+ years of applicable experience in engineering field with demonstrated project and process management skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and negotiation skills required.
- Experienced in Excel, Word & Microsoft Project
- Experienced user of AutoCAD required.
- Experience with Maintenance Connection (work order system) and SAP is a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience working with any or all of infrastructure equipment listed above is desired. Familiarity working within manufacturing environment and with process equipment also desired.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve various technical related issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish priorities using good project management techniques
- Ability to travel.