Purchasing Operations Manager
PDS Tech, Inc.
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Purchasing Operations Manager, in Burr Ridge, IL-
- Through its people and brands, the Client delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, is a major international force in its specific sector. As the Purchasing Operations Manager, you will act as the Purchasing representative within the plant to fully support commodity strategies and re-sourcing decisions. The POM will also plan and facilitate timely execution of re-sourcing plans and ensure plant supply needs are satisfied.
- Meet the Manufacturing OKTS (OK to Ship)
- Working with Manufacturing leadership
- Purchasing and SQE
- Identify all supplier-related potential risks to this objective
- Develop solid mitigation plans to overcome risks
- lead teams in implementation and monitoring for successful risk elimination to achieve month-end metrics and achieve production linearity.
- Support meeting the Manufacturing OKTS with no shortfalls due to supplier performance.
- Utilize a developed set of tools and processes to proactively identify any supplier whose key metrics on delivery performance indicates a deterioration in performance.
- Engage with other resources and the supplier to address the deterioration and develop and implement a solid Recovery Plan.
- Lead and manage Resourcing projects for cost savings and to achieve Supplier Rationalization Objectives.
- Meet or beat planned implementation dates for resourcing projects to achieve cost savings.
- Provide all necessary resources to lead and coordinate project activities between Purchasing and Manufacturing groups to achieve target implementation dates to deliver budgeted cost reductions and Supplier Rationalization Objectives.
Support cost reduction re-sourcing initiatives:
- Coordinate resourcing plans with Manufacturing and aggressively identify new potential projects and drive implementation in order to help achieve Purchasing Department's Financial targets.
- Support the achievement of the material cost budget/official company forecasts.
- Ensure all Purchasing activities achieve implementation dates.
The qualified candidate will have experience with the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and a minimum 6 years related work experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing or Supply Chain.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, will also consider those with an Associates degree plus a minimum of 9 years of work experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing or Supply Chain.
- In lieu of an Associates degree, will also consider those with a HS diploma/GED plus a minimum of 11 years of work experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing or Supply Chain.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
The preferred candidate will have experience with the following:
- Working knowledge of manufacturing MRP systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong leadership and communication skills across multifunctional teams
- Strong fact based problem solving skills
- Ability to act quickly and decisively in making tough calls and be passionate and accountable for achieving assigned tasks and goals
- Capability for working both independently and within Team environments
- Ability to think and act proactively
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$