HMI Programmer - SWC
South Western Communications
Reports to: Branch Manager
Type: Full-Time Salaried exempt position with Full Benefit Package including 401k
Will consider candidates that want to work remote.
A Human-Machine Interface (HMI) is defined as a feature or component of a certain device or software application that enables humans to engage and interact with machines. Some examples of common Human Machine Interface devices that we encounter in our daily lives include touchscreens and keyboards.
Position overview: Will be responsible for creating graphic map layouts, programming, and troubleshooting HMIs for the detention market. Other programming responsibilities will include coordinating HMI programming information with engineering, PLC programmers, and the quality control department.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Engage in project transfer from engineering. Acquire information needed through schedules and face-to-face communication.
• Develop graphic maps within Wonderware to control the devices scheduled by engineering.
• Setup computers with the HMI software and configure drivers appropriately.
• Communicate this information to various departments as needed.
• Continuously work to improve the programming system in place
• Must be able to efficiently troubleshoot HMI programs and communicate with the PLC
programmers regarding PLC ladder logic.
• Low voltage troubleshooting is not a requirement, but would be preferred.
• Communicate with field technicians who call in with programming issues.
• Collaborate with PLC programmers to find shared problems.
• High school education or equivalent
• Associates degree or Bachelor degree in a technical capacity or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Must possess and maintain a current state issued drivers license.
• Must possess and maintain a clean criminal background for various state licensing requirements.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a programming/IT related profession.
• Must be well versed in the Windows 7, 8.1, 10 operating systems and Microsoft Office
• HMI programming experience using Wonderware preferred
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is preferred
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects up to 50 lbs is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.