Reporting to the President, COMPANY the Vice President, Operations will be responsible for driving People, Products and Performance across the division 's 6 domestic operating sites. This individual will be instrumental in driving profitability and step-change performance within the COMPANY culture, across COMPANY. A key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the VP of Operations will partner with the other leaders to outline strategy for both Operations the Division as a whole.
The Vice President, Operations will oversee all aspects of the division 's domestic operations including Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fabrication/Machining, Assembly, Test and Operations Project Management. This person will champion process improvement, operational excellence programs and cross-facility collaboration to achieve optimized performance across our domestic manufacturing footprint.
This individual must also build camaraderie and consistency amongst the operations function and assist with recruiting, training, and coaching employees, on operations and process improvement principles, and facilitating change management across the organization.
- Business strategy '" take responsibility for operational plans to deliver on the strategy across all domestic COMPANY sites in all areas of Operations to include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fabrication/Machining, Assembly, Test and Operations Project Management
- Assess the current state of operations within COMPANY Integrated Systems network of sites and functions and plan, develop, organize, implement, and execute a holistic future state structure across sites reviewing people, positions, flex capacity, and evaluating core competencies to drive profitability across sites.
- Implement and drive Customer Trust system. Earn our customers ' trust through development and delivery of exceptional solutions, delivered on time, and without warranty issues. Work with local teams to continually drive improved operational performance as measured by key indicators from continuous improvement and through the application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Ensure all areas of the business are performing to the requirements of the customer, and the company (e.g., margin, OTD, warranty cost). Challenge the status quo to minimize risk and maximize performance.
- Partner closely with Finance to align on key drivers of success, and lead key metrics and processes (ex: MCR, Forecast, Roadmap reviews) with site leaders
- Drive safety, operational excellence, flawless execution and continuous improvement. Be the point of escalation in instances of delivery issues, or partner with Service leadership on site warranty issues, or sales with quoting decisions with high risk.
- Collaborate with multi-functional business leaders including those in Supply Chain, Sales & Concept and Estimating, Aftermarket, and the UK to drive step-change across the division
- Contribute as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to outline organization strategy and vision with the Division President and others on the ELT
- Purposeful people planning '" implement local/site organizational structures required to meet the needs of the business, drive best practice across sites, minimize duplication and enhance efficiency. Lead the operation function and ensure the right positions and people are developed to ensure the current and future needs of the organization are satisfied. Develop 'Lean Leaders ' who drive for performance excellence in the Barry-Wehmiller culture.
- Point of contact to flawlessly bring together Integrated Packaging Systems projects and execution across multiple operations
- Partner with the VP of Engineering to support and drive engineering standards across locations to ensure a common look and feel of the equipment across COMPANY
- Assume a hands-on style to operational leadership that emphasizes teamwork and collaboration with a strong customer focus. Drive accountability for results yet be supportive and effective at developing individuals to assume greater levels of responsibility and personal contribution.
- Lead, motivate, and develop the functional team on an ongoing basis, and provide direct feedback, counsel, and coaching to drive practices and processes and overall company performance
- Align with Packaging Platform to maximize sharing outside of COMPANY
- High degree of travel (70 to 80%) to sites, key meetings, and clients
- 15+ years in a global company leading Engineering or Operations, with 8+ years ' experience managing multiple manufacturing locations and large teams and full Operations P&L responsibility.
- A Bachelor 's degree in Operations Management, Business Management, Engineering or relevant discipline is desired, MBA a plus
- A proven-track record of driving Operations in identifying and driving areas or improvement (including Lean and Continuous Improvement methodologies) across an organization, resulting in improved product margin, profitability, and step-change performance across multiple sites
- Experience building and leading Operations programs and team; experience in capital equipment, or complex systems manufacturing is desired; multi-business/product line execution in one site a plus
- Demonstrated effective management (both direct and through influence) across multiple locations and work groups
The following competencies will differentiate top candidates:
- Critical thinking and decision quality
- Drives results: Sets compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement in all facets of Operations. Delivers always on commitments. Translates the Operations vision and strategy into practical, actionable and quantifiable plans, and executes flawlessly. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required and makes tough business decisions based on the facts of the case.
- Competitive spirit and drive to win. Strong sense of initiative, internal motivation, and an unrelenting focus on results.
- Strong ability to coach, develop and inspire team members
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, yet results-focused with a strong work ethic
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, honesty and capability
- Openness to feedback and coaching with a strong orientation towards continual learning and improvement ability to solicit, accept and provide direct feedback without defensiveness.
- Capacity to function in a complex, global company with ease and fluidity, while driving and influencing results.
- Process thinker and passion for continuous improvement
- Typically sits, grasps items, and performs keyboarding for regular operation of a computer.
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about regularly.
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing production physical hazards.
- Domestic and International travel by air and/or car '" 70 to 80% of the time.