BCForward is currently seeking highly Software Engineer for our client based in Chicago, IL
- Position: Software Engineer
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Anticipated Start date: ASAP
- Expected Duration: 12 Months
- Review and approve the modification of existing databases and database management systems.
- Instruct staff to write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
- Direct database development and approve project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- 10+ years' experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Java 8 or 11
- Backend development
- Scala programming experience (2-3 years)
- Significant Akka data streaming experience (2+ years) Would also consider technologies similar to Spark Streaming, Flink, Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
- RESTful web services
- DevOps (we use ADO)
- High Availability and Reliable Solutions
- Some architecture experience.
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 132194 when responding to this ad.