Assistant Project Manager - Southwest Suburbs
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their growing team in 2021. They have a focus on light industrial projects. The Assistant Project Manager will be exposed to each phase of construction in a variety of markets. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to advance within a growing fully integrated developer.
Our client is a design/build developer who specializes in light industrial projects including but not limited to Manufacturing facilities, Distribution Centers and Warehouses. They have a great reputation in the market and continuously do repeat business. They offer competitive salaries, excellent bonuses and a great benefits package.
- Fully integrated developer - development, construction, architecture
- 60+ people in the company, have grown over the last 10 years, substantially the last 2-3
- $500M in project pipeline in 2021
- 15%+ of salary for bonus potential
- Low cost of healthcare for employee
- Properties in over 30 states
The Assistant Project Manager will do the following:
- Assist in material takeoffs
- Assist in obtaining subcontractor & supplier quotes
- Assist in identifying and implementing cost & time saving measures during purchasing
- Assist in obtaining building and related permits
- Assist Field start up activities
- Field Daily Construction report, manpower report, PO Logs, General conditions monitor, RFI Log, Quality checklists
- Assist in punchlist completion
- Assist Project Manager to obtain final closeout documents
- Schedule & monitor eleven month walk thru with client
- Assist in preparing project records
In return for a competitive compensation package, the qualified candidate should have:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 1-5 years of experience in Construction
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
The Project Manager will receive:
- Salaries up to $85,000 dependent on experience
- Excellent career growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct communication with the EVP
- Great benefits packages with little cost to the employee
- 3 weeks PTO
- 7 sick days
- Life Insurance
- 401K match
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of repeat business
- Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy