Job Description and Responsibilities
Location: Preferred DC metro area. But willing to accept other locations nationwide for exceptional candidates.
The .NET Software Developer applies knowledge of computer concepts and techniques to develop and configure systems for engineering, scientific, or business data acquisition and management problems. Uses scientific and engineering logic to independently identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to problems of software design and operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, development, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting, and documentation of cloud-based systems
- Write code querying relational databases, tabular excel data, and CSV data
- Build interfaces to back-end APIs, analytical services, and process large volumes of data
- Analyze requirements and design
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Develop proofs of concept for new solutions and technologies
- Perform analysis of alternatives for software selection
3+ years of experience designing and developing web-based software applications.
- Developing data driven web applications using relational database backends
- Designing relational data models
- Developing interfaces to develop or consume RESTful web services
- Manipulating/transferring data, i.e. via ETL
- Using version control systems, GIT preferred
- Efficiently switch between projects to provide project team surge support as needed
- Building applications using Azure or AWS cloud offerings
- Defining secure system network boundaries
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Data Manipulation
- Building reports and data visualizations via Business Intelligence toolsets
Preferred Technology Experience:
- ASP.NET Core C# with SQL Server backend
- Azure SQL
- Azure App Service
- Azure Data Factory
- Power Automate
- Microsoft PowerBI
Must be able to obtain a United States Federal Government Public Trust Clearance.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.