BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Shipping Clerk for an opportunity in Bolingbrook, IL
Job Role: Shipping Clerk
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Expected Duration: 5 Months Contract to Hire
The National Scheduling Center (NSC) coordinates the use of collection sites, testing laboratories based on cost preference as well as other factors. The NSC Shipping Clerk position performs the back end processes that support the Scheduling Center in the scanning and the shipment of drug testing and fingerprinting supplies. The main responsibilities of the NSC Shipping Clerk fall in two categories, Shipping and Scanning on a daily basis; but this position is fully cross trained and will back up the other area in NSC as needed based on workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 40% Responsible for all daily shipments for the NSC via FedEx, UPS or other carrier. Average daily packages shipped by the NSC Support Team ranges from 125 - 200 packages a day. Will pull appropriate customer specific Chain of Custody form and/or Fingerprint cards for clients to ship out for candidate testing or fingerprinting - necessary to ensure proper result reporting to correct customer
- 20% Data enter shipping information along with billing info (shipping account or client account) into database to produce shipping label so packages can be properly billed out to proper entity and shipped accordingly.
- 10% Responsible for maintaining appropriate supply of shipping materials as well as drug testing and fingerprint supplies
- 30% Responsible for the scanning of all pre-employment fingerprint cards as well as Channeling Account fingerprint cards. Average number of fingerprint cards scanned on a daily basis ranges between 150 - 225 cards. Enter SSN from pre-employment cards to pull existing schedule from system; verify the information on fingerprint card to ensure the correct candidate; enter date of birth of candidate into system from fingerprint card. Accurately data enter all data from fingerprint card, scan and select appropriate client for channeling
- A minimum of 6-12 months prior shipping or scanning experience preferred
- Computer and data entry skills are required for database entry.
- Organizational ability and attention to detail are a must
- Ability to multi-task
- 40-50 hour work week with additional hours, as customers, situations or projects require
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, highly organized detail-oriented
- Must be able to work in a time sensitive role
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and willingness to do tasks as assigned, as the workflow deems necessary.
- Must demonstrate a customer and team focus
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College Degree (BA or BS) preferred. Bilingual/Spanish language skills preferred
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 131956 when responding to this ad.