Project Specialist II - Infrastructure
Chicago Transit Authority
Under direction, performs various support functions and activities including special studies and projects for the Authority’s Infrastructure Department.
- Coordinates various projects, special assignments and support activities as assigned.
- Maintains records for the department.
- Assists in maintaining various reports and presentations.
- Prints and distributes various reports and communications.
- Collects and analyzes budget and personnel data.
- Prepares and processes documents relating to department personnel.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings and conferences. Maintains supervisor’s calendar. Arranges travel itineraries and transportation as needed.
- Produces complex correspondence, reports and presentations using software for word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Assists in developing and administering programs, procedures, goals and objectives. Develops methods to improve workflow and processes.
- Conducts studies, analyzes responses and presents findings as assigned.
- Participates in the preparation of budgets and financial plans. Monitors budget and various reports to ensure accuracy. Collects and analyzes budget and personnel data.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
• Organizing and analyzing data from numerous and diverse sources.
• Providing accurate information on behalf of supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus two (2) years of administrative support experience, preferably in a maintenance and/or infrastructure setting, or a combination of education and experience relating to this position.
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing visual acumen, manual dexterity, and fingering for working with computer keyboards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Detailed knowledge of office and administrative management policies and procedures.
• Detailed knowledge of report preparation methods.
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of project scheduling and management.
• General knowledge of principles and methods of budget management.
• Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Good verbal and written communicate skills.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Good organizational and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate logs, records, and reports.
• Ability to be a critical and independent thinker.
• Ability to take large amounts of raw data and synthesize in meaningful reports.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to represent the office with the highest level of professionalism.
• General office working environment.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
• Standard office equipment.
Please note, employees and/or union members will be given priority consideration in the hiring process, per the applicable labor contracts.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.