Customer Specialist - Alternative Delivery - Part Time
7146 - Hillside - 101 N Wolf Rd, Hillside, Illinois, 60162CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under limited supervision of the Business Office Manager, the Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery provides exceptional customer service in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment through the completion of sales transactions, while working in multiple environments including both indoors, outdoors, and offsite (“home”) delivery of vehicles. The Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery will also focus on the facilitation of paperwork and post-sale processing. The Customer Specialist-Alternative Delivery will also perform vehicle condition verifications and prepare the vehicles for delivery.
What you will do — Essential responsibilities
- Facilitate the completion of Home Delivery sales transactions
- Present and/or confirm MaxCare and finance decisions
- Follow and execute strategies to achieve store’s sales budgets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of available financing options, titles and extended service policies.
- Interact with customers, other associates and team members to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Provide customer service to customers by complying with CarMax procedures, including, but not limited to: processing Home Deliveries, listening to and answering customer questions and explaining paperwork process.
- Perform various Business Office tasks, including, but not limited to: Completing Express Pickups, delivering Sales paperwork, completing Appraisal Purchases, processing paperwork associated with the state DMV, processing titles and processing auction sales.
- Perform various administrative and clerical duties, including, but not limited to: Document copying, filing, payment management, reconciliation of missing dealer plates or information and data entry into Microsoft Excel and proprietary systems as required for logging vehicle registration tags.
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as requested by supervisor.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery training timeline.
- Process paperwork associated with retail vehicle sales.
- Manage multiple payment types including receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits and handling of the safe with considerations to security and asset protection.
- Conduct vehicle condition verification and convey results to Buyer or Senior Buyer for analysis
- Present appraisal offers to customers
- Perform cosmetic inspections and ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality Standards.
- Prepare vehicles for delivery to customers.
Qualifications and requirements
- Must possess a valid driver's license that meets the CarMax Driver Safety Points Evaluation System criteria, as explained in the CarMax Driver Safety Policy.
- Successful completion of all assessments.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Meet or exceed CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Perform multiple duties in a high energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Use miscellaneous computer programs, demonstrating intermediate PC skills.
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 25 lbs.
- Complete all formats of job related training.
- Flexible to work in an indoor/outdoor environment, ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and be able to work in any inclement weather for several hours.
- Flexibility to work at multiple locations and deliver vehicles offsite
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to, Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional Appearance.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.