Sales Operations Leader
Offering nearly a century of expertise in supply and distribution solutions, ENVOY Solutions unparalleled customer focus drives continuous innovation, expansion, and growth.
ENVOY SOLUTIONS is a holding company that includes North American, WAXIE, SWPlus and SEPG. With highly complementary businesses with similar cultures, vendor partners and product portfolios, and combining our strengths, capabilities, and geographic footprint, we’re well-positioned as the premier specialty distribution platform in the United States. There are three distinct platforms under the NWS umbrella:
Facility Supplies and Services – Restroom supplies, food service disposables, cleaning supplies, equipment, service, and training.
Packaging Supplies and Services – Products, equipment, parts, and services designed to reduce production downtime and material waste.
Marketing Supply Chain Services – Sales collateral, point-of-purchase displays, promotional products, and technology solutions.
- Build and lead a growing sales operations team that will drive a new level of sales effectiveness and efficiency at ENVOY Solutions by:
- Helping build sales competencies through targeted sales training and re-enforcement of existing sales training programs.
- Driving process for pipeline management across each sales and account management team
- Ensuring the right selection, adoption, and effectiveness of sales enablement tools (e.g. Salesforce, Pricing Tool, Sales and Customer App, Account Management Frameworks amongst others)
- Helping implement comprehensive reporting and processes to generate greater product adoption across all ENVOY solutions branches.
- Creating and maintain white space analysis, plans to capture incremental market share.
- Working with Analytics Intelligence team to build out accurate market share reporting by client and by division.
- Collaborate with finance to develop pipeline-based revenue forecast.
- Work with commercial leadership to develop customer segmentation and account assignment based on Omnichannel go to market strategy.
- Help develop our inside sales and e-commerce channels and teams
- Build the foundation for sales data collection and aggregation by setting the strategy and requirements for existing and new sales enablement tools (e.g. Salesforce and its integrations)
- Enable the executive team to confidently make strategic decisions by arming them with key metrics around market adoption and opportunities, unit economics, and sales drivers.
- Gather internal feedback and ideas from sales and account management teams on how to improve processes.
- Provide sales teams with productive dashboards and actionable pipeline views Partner with Sales, Product, and Finance teams to implement and track goals/quotas against revenue targets
- Support alignment between Marketing and Sales on account-based marketing and demand generation campaigns
- Maintain tools to manage account planning.
- Partner with sales and account management leadership to ensure sales strategies are reinforced throughout the process (e.g. incorporating sales training/terminology into the pipeline workflow throughout tools)
- Support the Product team with data and insights, with a focus on product adoption and roadmap alignment to revenue goals.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred or industry/job experience equivalent
- 10 -15 years prior relevant experience, in sales operations or strategic sales
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures, and policies
- 10+ years management experience. Leading cross functional and client facing teams
- Distribution Sales industry experience preferred.
- Previous Sales Operations experience preferred
- Experience implementing and using AI and Machine Leading tools preferred
- Experience working with and selling enterprise-wide software solutions such as Cost Accounting, Budgeting, Scheduling, or a related field
- Strategic, quantitative, and operational mindset
- Knowledge of general business and management principles including planning, resource allocation, human resources procedures, leadership techniques and operations.
- Ability to motivate, engage, supervise, and guide others directly and indirectly
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor under various circumstances
- Ability to develop lasting professional relationships with clients
- Creative client focused problem-solving skills with high degree of diplomacy
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with client facing acumen
- Ability to collaborate and work with team and other departments effectively
- Ability to project plan and operationalize efficiencies
- Ability to influence multiple audiences
- Analytical, decision making, critical thinking
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
North American (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.
See Job Description