Chief Financial Officer - CFO
Acadia is a leading provider of behavioral healthcare services across the United States. Acadia operates a network of 227 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 9,900 beds in 40 states and Puerto Rico. With more than 20,000 employees serving approximately 70,000 patients daily, Acadia is the largest stand-alone behavioral health company in the U.S. Acadia provides behavioral healthcare services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers and outpatient clinics.
Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs.
Acadia Healthcare's mission is to create a world-class organization that sets the standard of excellence in the treatment of specialty behavioral health and addiction disorders. At Acadia Healthcare, we improve the lives we touch.
Visit our website: https://www.acadiahealthcare.com
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Timberline Knolls
How We Help
Located on 43 beautiful acres in Lemont, Illinois, Timberline Knolls offers a retreat from the stresses of the outside world. Our private, wooded campus offers a nonhospital setting that provides a sense of calm, peace, and comfort as you start your recovery journey. Within this safe and private environment, our campus houses a number of amenities that are designed to elicit inspiration and tranquility, including a lake, reflecting ponds, a historic art studio, outdoor activity fields, and comfortable housing lodges.
Everything about Timberline Knolls was designed to stand out from other facilities by focusing on the ways women and girls most optimally respond to treatment. From our stunning campus and contemporary housing lodges to our extensive amenities and use of evidence-based therapies, we have built the Timberline Knolls experience to provide you with the highest level of comfort in a retreatlike setting. We are a place that initiates transformation; a place where you can find true and lasting healing. Our services are recognized both nationally and internationally, and traveling to our campus is hassle-free, as we are conveniently located just outside of Chicago, less than a 30-minute drive from both Midway International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
To learn more visit: www.timberlineknolls.com
Your Impact as CFO
Improving the lives we touch is our number one goal at Timberline Knolls. The Facility CFO is an integral part of the senior leadership team and expected to participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the facility's operational and financial goals. The Facility CFO has responsibility and is accountable for overall financial operations and is responsible for all aspects of the day to day fiscal management of the facility.
Your responsiblities as CFO:
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with company policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate required reports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Ensures all accounting and business office policies and required internal controls are in place to facilitate a clean audit with no material audit adjustments or deficiencies found. Ensures that all approval processes are in place.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
- Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that facility is paid accurately and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Facilitates preparation of any required cost reports.
- Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. These departments may include, but are not limited to, Health Information Management, Materials Management, and Human Resources. Ensures department is adequately staffed and trained.
- Ensures compliance with Group Purchasing contract and monitors purchases to ensure supply costs are kept to budgeted levels.
- Prepares annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the CEO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies.
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field with major in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years successful CFO experience in a healthcare setting desired.
- Previous Behavioral healthcare experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- CPA or Master's degree a plus.
- Proven financial analysis skills.
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility staff, physicians and corporate staff.
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.
The CFO Opportunity Offers The Following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within Acadia and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity