Retail Inventory Specialist / Sales
Room & Board Inc
Job ID: 2021-3203
Location: US-IL-Oak Brook | US-IL-Chicago
Category: Retail - Inventory Associate
Type: Full Time
Love What You Do.
You have a passion for organization. You would love to be in a career that provides generous benefits and surrounds you with positive, professional people and beautiful home furnishings that feature American craftsmanship.
As a Retail Inventory Specialist at our Oak Brook location, you are responsible for the inventory integrity within the retail environment. You are a critical member of the retail team and collaborate with location partners to ensure accurate inventory processes that support an extraordinary customer experience. You play an active role educating your retail peers about how they impact inventory accuracy and ultimately the customer experience. In addition you have a passion for design and home furnishings! You love working with customers helping them to create homes they love and jumping in to support the retail selling team when needed.
Successful Inventory Associates have a strong relationship with Room & Board's Central Office inventory team and partner with them to establish stock replenishment levels. They process all returns and damaged product and are responsible for communicating any trends they observe. Our Retail Inventory Associates plan and perform regular cycle counts to ensure accurate stock levels as well as research and initiate solutions to inventory opportunities.
We embrace diversity and value the broad spectrum of careers and life experiences our staff members bring.
What you bring to be successful:
- 5+ years of related experience. You have an eye for detail in the numbers.
- Effective communication skills. You bring professional, consistent and timely communication to ensure that you create the best experiences for our customers, and the team.
- You embrace technology and processes. You are an organization and process guru. You have a game plan that is aligned to sales and the broader business, but are also agile as you balance routine responsibilities with customer and business needs. You use technology to create efficiencies and you're comfortable learning and leveraging technology to support your work and drive productivity.
- You thrive on the details. You love the details and enjoy being hands on digging into your work.
- You're more than a team player. You enjoy people and being a strong partner, collaborating with your team and customers, helping them create spaces they love. You work with your retail peers and local Delivery team to ensure an accurate inventory process that supports a seamless customer experience.
- You lead with curiosity. You are open to change and finding new ways to do things.
This is a hands-on role for individuals that are process-oriented and enjoy managing operational activities. This is a very physical role and because we care about the safety and wellbeing of our staff members we require final candidates to complete a pre-employment physical.
In this role, our Inventory Associate will be available to work a combination of days, early evenings and weekends. You'll find work/life balance in the way we schedule. You will work 40 hours/week and a Tuesday - Saturday schedule.
Job location: 2525 West 22nd Street Oak Brook, IL 60523
What you'll find:
- Our work environment fosters curiosity and learning. You will be provided robust training and continued support as you grow in your understanding of our product offerings and build confidence in your design and sales skills. To learn more about working here, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers.
- Our compensation ($42,000+/year depending on experience/qualifications); comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k); and inspiring workspace are designed to support the physical, financial and emotional well-being of you and your family, including domestic partnerships. For more details, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.
- Our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We believe in each other. To learn more about our company, visit https://www.roomandboard.com.
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.