Sales Engineer - Elk Grove Village, IL
Advantage Resourcing is seeking a Sales Engineer for our client in Elk Grove Village, IL.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Sales Engineer is focused on the sales ofhighly technical products. They increase business by maintaining an exceptionalrelationships with customers; create and support development activity within anassigned customer base; facilitate contract negotiations, customer complaintresolution and other business to business reporting requirements. Thistechnical sales role has strong communication internally & externally withadministration, engineering, production, quality, to address customer needs.They closely manage and report on account activity because driving new businessis a key performance indicator.
4 year degree, BS preferred: MaterialScience/Engineering/Technical
3 years outside technical sales experience
Strong technical comprehension of drawings,materials and engineering terms
Ability to resolve conflicts effectively andprofessionally
Well organized with demonstrated practice ofappropriate follow-up
Ability to work well with other people, bothexternally and internally
Proven written and verbal communicationskills (phone, email, presentations, face to face)
Must possess legal driver's license and beable to legally drive in the US
Proficient with Outlook & MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Basic proficiency in extracting informationfrom SAP
Ability to pass background check and drugscreen
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets monthly booking goals (MSP) andmilestones for Master Plan as well as 3-year sales plans within and assignedaccount base. Reports to management on opportunities and customer requirements.
2. Uses technical engineering skills to generatenew business with established products and works with development engineers onnew products which are needed in the market.
3. Responsible for customer interaction andrelationship management within own account base.
Recommendsimproved material or products to customers within the our client material'sfamily.
4. Represents customer requests and perspectivesto production, quality, and management personnel to plan and execute a "customerfirst" support.
5. Communicates with counterparts in Japan andUS on a regular basis for price quotation, part delivery, technicalconfirmation, legal language discussions, cross application and generalsupport.
6. May travel up to 50% of the time. Facilitatesbusiness travel with visiting personnel from international productionfacilities and management during customer visits in US. Also escorts customervisits to factories globally as needed. May attend trade shows, events, orpresent in forums representing our client.
7. Drives daily sales account activity includingorder tracking, scheduling, logistics planning, account collection, on timedelivery reporting and related reports/ analysis. Stays current on markettrends and applications for new products.
8. May mentor or train associate sales engineersand or sales administration staff, and/or lead projects.
9. Prepare and deliver excellent technicalpresentations in a variety of formats including face to face, webinar, phone,and/or tradeshow. The sales engineer should be extremely knowledgeable of theirbusiness, material and the industry they sell in. They will be strong at exceland business writing to ensure clear communication with customers andproduction. They may be asked to present at a variety of levels within theorganization.
10. Securenew orders and verify delivery and satisfaction. Plan expenses and report onnew orders and booking results monthly.
11. Constantlyidentifies and targets potential customers. Actively improves customerrelations in order to increase market penetration.
Perform any other related duties as requiredor assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree, or equivalentexperience resulting in broad knowledge of a field related to the job, such asaccounting, marketing, business administration, agriculture etc, plus 5 yearsrelated experience and/or training.
Or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.