Mortgage Credit Lending Manager 1
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it's buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
This posting is for a Lending Manager supporting underwriting located in Lombard, IL. This position is currently working remote with the option of long term work at home.
Responsible for managing a section or department engaged in making lending decisions on a wide range of products. Functions include: ensuring group's underwriting and customer service levels are met; monitoring credit quality; approving loans within established loan approval limits; ensuring compliance with all appropriate Bank policies and regulations; working with business unit managers to understand servicing needs and make or recommend adjustments to provide improved turnaround times and customer service.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below. Responsible for supervising lenders engaged in approving loan applications.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/ for benefits information
This is a full time telecommute position; however position is required to be physically located out of Lombard, IL.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 3+ years of lending experience
- 1+ year of team leadership or management experience
- Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Ability to manage a virtual or remote team
- Ability to manage tactical or strategic initiatives
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer loan underwriting or credit in mortgage lending
- Strong relationship development skills
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Leadership experience in a loan administration environment
- Experience with underwriting policies and procedures such as risk-layering and asset evaluation
- Current or previous lending exception authority
- Experience with review and approval of second level lending requests
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Manage a team of 10-15 underwriters
- Manage sales relationships
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IL-Deerfield: Min: $76,500 Mid: $107,800
IL-Hoffman Estates: Min: $76,500 Mid: $107,800
IL-Northbrook: Min: $76,500 Mid: $107,800
IL-Westchester: Min: $76,500 Mid: $107,800
IL-Rosemont: Min: $76,500 Mid: $107,800
IL-Hoffman Estates: 5595 Trillum Blvd - Hoffman Estates, IL
IL-Rosemont: 9377 W Higgins Road - Rosemont, IL
IL-Westchester: 2 Westbrook Corporate Ctr - Westchester, IL
IL-Deerfield: 500 Lake Cook Rd - Deerfield, IL
IL-Northbrook: 400 Skokie Blvd - Northbrook, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.