Infection Control Coord
St. Catherine Hospital
Under general supervision and according to established hospital and professional policies and procedures, performs surveillance activities related to the identification, prevention, and control of actual and potential infections. Prepares and presents infection control educational programs, participates in the development and review of hospital departments' infection control. Prepares and presents related data reports to medical staff, clinical departments, and committees as required. Services as a liaison to outside agencies concerned with infection control. Participates in the development and implementation of the Hospital Quality Improvement Program; responsible for identification, investigation, reporting, and prevention and control of Healthcare Associate Infections (nosocomial infections) among patients and personnel.
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- One to two years’ experience in order to:
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of quality review techniques and standards
- Acquire a working knowledge of patient care practices and standards
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the medical records and review techniques
- Learn data retrieval and reporting skills
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of infectious organism, and the signs and symptoms necessary to recognize and identify as such
- Acquire a knowledge associated with the control and prevention of infections
- Current Registered Nurse licensure for the State of Indiana
- Maintains and implements current knowledge in the practices of Infection Control and Prevention
- Previous supervisory experience preferred