Envoy Solutions is a diversified distribution company for janitorial supply, packaging solutions, foodservice disposables and specialty products. Based in Glenview, Ill., Envoy Solutions is the parent company of North American Corporation, WAXIE Sanitary Supply, Southeastern Paper Group and NVISION. Operating as the nation's premier specialty distribution platform, Envoy Solutions works to make buildings cleaner, people safer and operations more productive, every day.
The primary role is to develop and optimize the company’s content. In this role, this person will ensure that the business narrative and messaging support the content strategies and brand messaging formulated for the national platform’s corporate marketing strategy, product launches, new acquisitions communications, etc. This person is responsible for the development and management of the content style guide, as well as the overall expression (brand voice) of the business’s corporate identity via its content.
The Communication Manager will lead and inspire the development of first-class content including internal and external communication such as company newsletters, press releases, videos, infographics, web content, thought leadership, email campaigns, blogs, etc. to ensure optimal delivery of content to target audiences across multiple channels. You will help create and ensure a unified brand voice and content production structures among the legacy companies.
- Strategy and Analytics: Develop and oversee an integrated content strategy for the combined company that encompasses channel selection and focus, editorial governance, and metrics to be applied and aligned with the business’s overall objectives.
- Content Creation and Management: Create and manage content put out by the business including direct mail, email, interviews, web content, marketing collateral and internal newsletters. They will also manage the business’s social media channels in regard to content creation, promotion, consumer engagement and customer service.
- Internal Communications: Lead employee communications that includes, executive communications, employee newsletters, etc.
- Public Relations: Draft media releases and work closely with local and trade media, coordinate, and prep executives for interviews to generate positive PR for the new platform. They will track media results and measure ad equivalency.
- Sales Support: Support Marketing activities including as branding, new business pitches, client work, and messaging. He or she will also partner with national sales teams for the purpose of developing sales content and the identification of target consumers and potential markets.
- Support and/or train legacy businesses to achieve the combined company’s content strategy. In this role, they will assess content production maturity in each legacy business and help remove legacy silos and improve connection, collaboration, and speed, driving maximum impact to both customers and the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in public relations and internal communications.
- Experience providing counsel, influence, and challenge to the thinking of business leaders.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills required.
- Must be self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal, team and collaboration skills, taking initiative to offer out-of-the-box solutions to address challenges.
- Must be a strategic, creative thinker with a strong capacity to represent communications best practices to internal stakeholders, including the ability to analyze information and generate a range of alternative solutions and recommendations.
- Must have ability to take initiative to problem-solve independently.
- Must have aptitude to work with people at different levels of management.
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented with the skillset to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- A passion for internal/employee communications as a catalyst to improve and build corporate culture and morale.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, handicap or disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy or medical condition(s) related to pregnancy or childbirth, marital status or any legally other protected category in regard to any employment decisions. We also provide reasonable accommodations to employees who are disabled (including medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth).
See Job Description