Procurement Manager - Oak Brook, IL
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Procurement Manager will oversee the procurement and supply chain function to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time while maintaining operational goals. This role will collaborate with the full spectrum of our client's leaders including product management, operations, finance, engineering, and sales.
Our client is a 100+ year old privately-owned manufacturer near Oak Brook with an average employee tenure of over 15 years. Supply primarily to medical device firms, they manufacture highly specialized filtration components that have been critical to the recent COVID pandemic due to their use in ventilators.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value
- Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends
- Lead by example and motivate team to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment
- Leverage metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance and on-time delivery
- Negotiate contractual conditions to include materials indices, delivery dates and shipping terms
- Provide leadership on purchase of materials and services for projects
- Ensure uninterrupted product supply from supplies in accordance with project needs to support production activities
- Monitor supplier performance and on time delivery, with support of tactical buyers for data collection
- Lead project and functional teams in area of expertise
- Prepare, monitor and budget staffing and business/operational activities
- Directly manage individual contributors as well as supervisors and/or group leaders as necessary
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best strategy for production planning to support customer demand
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues
- Achieve financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
- Participate as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets
- BA/BS degree w/6-10+ years' experience, MA/MS degree w/4-7+ years' experience, or equivalent industry experience with demonstrated success in relevant applications
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability (proficient use of analytical tools such as Excel, etc.)
- Leadership skills with demonstrated experience in leading in a cross functional collaborative environment
- Project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects to implementation
- Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments
- Experience in implementing LEAN processes
- APICS certified CPIM
The target compensation for the Procurement Manager is $80,000-100,000 base salary commensurate with candidate experience.