Strategic Marketing Director, Safety - Infrastructure
Atkore is forging a future where all Atkore brands, suppliers, employees, customers, partners and communities are building better together a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and protect the world. With approximately 3,900 employees and 65 manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore manufactures electrical conduit, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions and is a recent recipient of a Great Place to Work-copy; certification. Atkores commitment to quality, delivery and value helps customers realize their vision. Atkore forges relationships and shapes the future with breakthrough results, enhanced technology, and innovative product offerings.
We are currently searching for a Strategic Marketing Director for Safety -amp; Infrastructure business to be based out of one of our primary North American locations. Reporting to President of Safety -amp; Infrastructure, this person will be responsible for supporting Business Unit and Strategic Business Units growth by working with the team to drive strategy, marketing mix and our customer insight process.
The ideal candidate will have a 10+ years work experience in marketing, business development and sales. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive best practice of gathering customer and market (including competitive) insight including using AIM Blueprinting, industry data sources, and other market research techniques. Also participates actively in Customer Journey Mapping and Value Stream Mapping.
- Work with GMs and Product Managers on promotional plans for our offerings. Coordinate with corporate marketing to execute these promotional plans.
- Join NPD teams to lead or actively contribute to the planning and execution of new product commercialization.
- Track key metrics to help us understand how we are doing in the market, e.g., market share
- As part of strategy process, research global market trends, communicate these to the team, and collaborate on plans that take advantage of the identified trends.
- Consistently communicate our brands and associated brand promises, and work with the team to evolve and strengthen these brand promises over time.
- Work with Corporate Marketing Communications team to shape their creation of specific marketing communication materials
- Effectively communicate the life cycle of key projects, campaigns, events and insights cross-functionally.
- Champions building a market led customer centric culture within the organization.
- Work with Corporate Marketing on our Digital Marketing plans and execution.
- Work with Product Management and Sales to develop compelling sales tools: value selling calculators, launch kits, portable demonstration units, etc.
- Leads Customer Relationship Management processes in cooperation with sales leadership including lead generation and tracking, customer contact lists, sales and opportunity funnel, proposal processes and development of pricing configuration tools.
- Identifies methods and opportunities to increase overall revenue of served markets.
- Partners with business units to Identify adjacent vertical market opportunities for penetration through core product modification or new product development.
- When assigned, suggests acquisition targets, participates in due diligence, and helps integrate
- Maintains awareness of and supports best practices to be utilized by corporate and business marketing teams for pricing, product management, marketing communications, acquisition integration, customer proposals and other marketing requirements to ensure a world class marketing capability.
- This Director is expected to spend more than 50% in the market with customers, channel partners, actively engaging in VOC, participating on industry boards, etc.
Education / Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Marketing, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years work experience in marketing, business development, and sales
- At least 5 years experience leading and managing a team
- Significant experience in a B2B and/or B2C marketing leadership role is required.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment, solid expertise in leading through others and a track record of leading successful cross functional programs.
- Direct experience working in non-residential project construction with a product manufacturer, channel partner and/or service provider, electrical related preferred.
- Financial budget management experience.
- Visionary, organized and efficient
- Strong creativity, energy, and significant analytical and marketing rigor.
- Capacity to perform at a high level in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work across multiple businesses and functional areas.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkores culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customers experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, thats how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way thats consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!