Financial Analyst I
Ref ID: 01313-0011808002
Classification: Financial Analyst
Compensation: $32.00 to $33.00 hourly
If you want to join a fast-growing, dynamic team via Accountemps, you might be a good fit for this Financial Analyst position, where you will be a key business partner in forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. Located in the Hoffman Estates, Illinois, area, this Financial Analyst role is a short-term temporary employment opportunity. To succeed in this Financial Analyst position, you will need to be comfortable with conducting financial modeling on various financial products, as well as measuring, analyzing and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans. The strongest Financial Analyst candidates will also be comfortable with advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management.
What you get to do every single day
- Understand and explain internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
- Study performance to date and examine potential risks and opportunities
- Authenticate routine Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly financial close process by working with Accounting
- Analyze annual performance by comparing actual results to their expectations and supply information to business partners to inform decision making
- Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- Own monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
- Amass and monitor forecasting reports
- Candidate that feels comfortable working with large amounts of information and handling expectations
- Create effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and recommendation support
- Support contacts in Accounting and Operations to execute business plans
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable)
- Familiar with Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Comprehensive knowledge of navigating basic office equipment and protocols
- Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
- Practical knowledge in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools experience a plus
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.