Ref ID: 01302-0011804213
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $20.90 to $24.20 hourly
A growing company in the Healthcare, Hospitals, Social Assistance industry is looking for an efficient Staff Accountant to join them. Apply through Accountemps today! Located in the Oak Park, Illinois area, this short-term temporary position is an engaging, multi-faceted opportunity where hard work is rewarded. In this role, the Staff Accountant holds responsibility for preparing monthly and year-end closings, fixed asset maintenance, journal entries, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. This position spends a fair amount of time producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. And during the monthly close, your responsibilities will also cover various aspects of internal reporting. You'll also review schedules for the reporting processes, stay in touch with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and play an active role in compliance.
What you get to do every single day
- Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Be responsible for account reconciliations including prepaid expenses, payroll, and other assignments
- Keep up fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Conduct month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Commentate on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience required
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.