Patient Dining Assistant - Food Service, Registry
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Patient Dining Assistant will provide meal assistance, including meal selection, service and retrieval, to patients on a daily basis based on physician’s diet orders. Assistant will accurately serve food and beverages to patients in accordance with the patient’s diet prescription and verbally communicate patient concerns with the clinical dietitian i.e. education needs, inadequate meal consumption.
The Patient Dining Assistant will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan Abilitylab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Patient Dining Assistant will demonstrate Shirley Ryan Abilitylab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Shirley Ryan Abilitylab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Patient Dining Assistant will:
- Assist patients with making appropriate daily menu selections.
- Prepare, assemble and deliver patient meal trays and snacks in accordance to physician diet orders.
- Calculate modified diets/fluid restrictions, calories, etc. for meals only.
- Stock the pantries on the nursing units with patient food.
- Perform assorted kitchen duties including sanitation, set-up and completion of temperature logs.
- Utilize computer to generate patient diet orders and process snacks and tube feedings.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of Shirley Ryan Abilitylab.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.