Creative Financial Staffing
Our client, a leader in the renewable energy space, is seeking an Assistant Controller. This role is highly visible and offers the opportunity for growth and development.
What we like about this opportunity-
- Highly acquisitive company with tons of room to grow
- High visibility to senior leadership
- Will attain some M&A experience, the type of work will maintain a top performer challenged short term and long term
- Low benefit premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Provide leadership to the A/R, A/P and Billing team and for the day-to-day accounting and financial operations.
- Lead and optimize accounting and financial operations, incl. process optimization, systems optimization and integration etc.
- Responsible for monitoring performed by reviewing client AP systems and banking program access where applicable.
- Assist with the internal monitoring of the purchase order process by the accounting function.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable cash application reconciliation and oversight
- Ensuring proper verification and approval of routing and account numbers for electronic payments.
- Resolve customer deductions in collaboration with sales and customer service teams
- Responsible for developing and maintaining treasury and Account Receivables / Payables principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financials statements.
- Ensure the design, implementation, and maintenance of internal controls relevant to the preparation and fair presentation of financial statements are free from material misstatement.
- Ensure an accurate and timely daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Establish and maintain disclosure controls and procedures and effective internal control over financial reporting for the Company.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and quarterly management and regulatory reports.
- Supervises the execution of all aspects of cash management operating strategies
- Develops and manages cash flow forecasting process, analysis, & reporting
- Work as a liaison to external auditors
- Actively drive continuous improvement opportunities in process, policies, and standards
- Partner closely with our Controller to drive accounting policy alignment, reporting quality and timeliness
- Responsible for all areas relating to external financial reporting and technical accounting.
- Responsible for financial reporting, internal control documentation with respect to external reporting, technical accounting, process improvement and audit preparation.
- Responsible to support budget and forecasting activities.
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- MBA or Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Prior management experience and ability to lead a team
- Ability to tactfully interact with all business stakeholders for requests and resolution of issues
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and Power Point