Ref ID: 01360-0011800586
Classification: Purchase & Sales Specialist
Compensation: $19.00 to $22.00 hourly
This position is responsible for receiving and processing RMA requests and purchase order acknowledgements. Duties include informing buyers of discrepancies in any elements of a PO such as pricing and ship dates and managing all aspects of an RMA request from the initial request to coordinating return of the material with the customer and vendor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Verifies purchase order acknowledgement information for correctness, checking it against original purchase order or previously obtained information.
• Processes non-warranty RMA requests working with Inventory/Order Processing Manager, sales, inside sales, warehouse, vendors and customers, as necessary, to ensure prompt resolution.
• Informs customers by email or telephone of pertinent RMA information, such as restock fees, special instructions, and disposition of material.
• Receives and responds to customer and sales’ inquiries regarding non-warranty RMA requests.
• Assigns debit memo number to offset vendor credit memo where applicable. Records debit, credit and returns information in Tour de Force (TDF).
• Matches packing slips, credits, debits and invoices with original stock purchase orders.
• Files copies of all open and closed purchase orders, debit memos and RMA requests.
• Corresponds with vendors to expedite purchase orders or for overdue shipment status inquiries.
• Monitors Open PO, Open Line Item and Past Due Direct Shipment reports to ensure timely closure of POs and invoicing of customer orders.
• Matches ASME data reports to corresponding customer orders and mails report copy to the customer.
• Acts as back-up for switchboard operator during vacations and absences.
• Works with Inventory and Order processing Manager on special projects as required
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer skills required:
•Proficiency utilizing Enterprise software (Prophet 21 by Epicor) and CRM tool (Tour de Force). Training can be provided.
•Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and general internet functionality.
• Other skills required:
•Excellent customer service skills with a strong desire to go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
Epicor, Microsoft Excel, Purchase Orders
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.