Residential Night Monitor
The GEO Group, Inc.
Southwood Interventions is seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Technician, Residential Night Monitor, Peer Support, MONITOR to work overnights at our substance abuse treatment program in Chicago, IL.
At Southwood Interventions, we are seeking compassionate people who want to join us in providing high quality care to patients suffering from mental illness and/or addiction. Our employees are highly engaged and perform meaningful work, every day.
Do you share our passion for doing work that truly makes a difference? If so, please consider joining our incredible team.
Oversees the safety and integrity of the unit at night while patients are sleeping. Remains alert and responsive to the unit and patients during sleeping hours. Supports evening staff with bed & bath routines. Ensures that proper hygiene standards are being observed and maintained by patients
- Remains alert and responsive to the unit and patients during sleeping hours.
- Assists evening staff with bed & bath routines.
- Conducts outside perimeter checks.
- Conducts nightly safety checks.
- Conducts bed/body checks in not less than 15 minute intervals.
- Screens patients and their belongings.
- Records inappropriate behaviors of patients.
- Documents unsafe conditions and notifies appropriate persons about these conditions.
- Utilizes crisis intervention techniques and is able to identify potential conflicts and intervene.
- Uses appropriate terminology to accurately record incidents in patient records and shift reviews and complete such in a timely manner.
- Maintains professional boundaries and identify issues related to them.
- Identifies tasks to be completed and prioritize them in accordance with purpose, need and time restraints.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED; experience in addictions/behavioral health preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances and background check.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Other Qualifications:
Equal Opportunity Employer.