Manufacturing/Process Engineer - Automotive - Lisle
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for creating and leading manufacturing processes for new parts/product introduction. This includes but not limited to CNC manufacturing, APQP activities, creating manufacturing CAD designs, and other duties assigned.
Well-established automotive and industrial supplier for precision machined components (gears, shafts, and a variety of customer mechanical products) based out of a Western suburb of Chicago. Currently with a 100 employees and looking to grow their team due to winning new programs, this company boasts an impressive track record as a growing supplier for a variety of customers.
The Manufacturing Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager and be apart of the manufacturing and quality teams to ensure new part(s) introduction and control of the manufacturing process. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ability to read, understand and digest standards and specifications.
- Learn new skill(s) and create work Instructions for operators and setup men.
- Use CAD to create process drawings androutings forCNC manufacturing
- Preferably Solidworks
- Design tooling and fixtures as required and improve upon existing design as needed.
- Approve tooling or cutter design from supplier.
- CNC machine programming and troubleshooting (i.e. mills, lathes, turning, hobbing)
- Lead a new project as the project lead by following the APQP guidelines and be pro-active in all manner related to the project.
- Support shop floor personnel in trouble-shooting process and/or quality problems associated with part manufacture in general.
- Review and optimize existing manufacturing processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Train employees as needed.
- Organize his/her own daily activities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to actively support the development and manufacturing of prototype for customer.
- Treat Quality as being the #1 important item.
In return for a competitive package, a successful Manufacturing Engineer candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of experience in quality control and engineering
- Ability to program/troubleshoot CNC machines (i.e. mills, lathes, turning, hobbing, etc.)
- Experience with Solidworks for manufacturing, machine, or process designs & routings
- Technical understanding and involvement with APQP process
- Experience with ISO or IATF standards is a plus
- Base salary between $65,000-$80,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Competitive PTO
- 401(k) match
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Opportunity for growth