For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Consulting Actuary/ Client Relationship Manager (CRM). The candidate may be based out of our Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland or Minneapolis office. A candidate located in the St. Louis area will also be given serious consideration.
The CRM will support a book of business in the Midwest with emphasis in the Public Sector market.
The Opportunity: The individual will step into a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity to have a significant and positive impact on the continued growth of the public sector retirement benefits consulting business. The CRM will be a key contributor in the Region.
The Role: The role of a CRM includes client management, project management and new business development. A CRM has the primary relationship accountability for assigned clients, overall servicing responsibility, and client satisfaction. In addition to maintaining positive relationships, the CRM will collaborate with others across Segal to provide clients with a full array of our consulting services. Key accountabilities include:
• Understanding clients’ issues, anticipating clients’ needs (aka: staying ‘ahead of the game’), and navigating the various potential solutions,
• Establishing rapport and building effective working relationships within client organizations,
• Providing a high level of creative, innovative and strategic expertise to clients and colleagues around the myriad of issues and emerging developments in the employee retirement benefits industry,
• Applying an understanding of complex actuarial concepts, methods and applications,
• Collaborating with others at Segal to build and maintain effective and influential client relationships, and
• Leading and/or participating in new business development initiatives targeting existing and prospective clients in the Public Sector market.
The Consultant guides client service teams and plays a proactive role in mentoring and developing staff, contributing to the overall intellectual and professional development within the teams.
Key Requirements: The qualified candidate must have:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience within an employee benefits consulting and/or related professional services environment involving exposure to retirement plan strategies, concepts/approaches, design and implementation in the public sector environment,
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree,
• FSA credential required,
• Ability to step immediately into a direct client contact role,
• Strong business acumen and leadership ability,
• Demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator,
• Demonstrated experience and success in managing client relationships,
• Skill of delivering/presenting complex information into actionable terms that clients will grasp and be able to act upon,
• Ability to analyze and identify issues to develop solutions,
• Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills,
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients, and
• Ability and interest to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences including, but not limited to, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, generations, cultures, military status, well-being and flexibility. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment at Segal is critical to our success, as it allows us to attract and retain the best talent and to enable that talent to be successful in achieving his/her professional and personal goals. For Segal a diverse and inclusive workplace is a win/win, as it provides us the ability to leverage our top talent allowing us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.Apply