Patient Care Tech -Nursing Assistant -Acute Rehab
St. Catherine Hospital
Under the supervision and direction of a staff nurse and according to established practices and procedures, facilitates the provision of patient care by performing specific tasks, caring for the personal needs, comfort, and safety of the patient in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care as identified by the Department of Patient Care Services.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Completion of a certified nurse assistant training course (or recognized equivalent) and current valid State certification.
- One year satisfactory work performance as a nurse assistant. (Current valid State certification is strongly recommended.)
- Completion of Hospital’s Patient Care course within 6 months of hire.
- Maintains current CPR Certification.
- Completes Annual Skills and OSHA validations, as well as Safety and Infection Control procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform required competencies within allotted time periods.
- Successful completion of a Patient Care Technician Course within one year of employment.