Strategic Account Manager (Supply Chain) - U.S. Field Based
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER (SUPPLY CHAIN) - U.S. FIELD BASED
- THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
The Retail Supply Chain Solutions - Strategic Account Manager is responsible for overall strategic direction and management of CHEP’s Drug and Dollar Class of Trade retail customers. They will work closely with the field-based Field Service Representative Team and multiple cross-functional internal departments (Operations, Logistics, Finance, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Human Resources) to optimize asset productivity and profitable customer interactions.
The role will focus on creating sustainable customer partnerships and platform growth, along with incremental revenue generation through the sale of Retail Solutions.
• Annual Volume Budget: 11.5MM tEDs
• Number of Countries: USA only
• Number of Customers: 7 (Dollar General, Dollar Tree/Family Dollar, 99 Cents Only, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Fareway Foods)
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Creates, aligns, and implements execution of customer strategic plan
• Aligns success metrics with Customer’s internal business objectives around Operational Effectiveness, Cost Reduction Initiatives, Volume Growth
• Collaborates with Customer and CHEP internal functions to define and implement Strategic Initiatives resulting in joint supply chain savings and revenue generation
• Ensures customer and territory-level KPIs and initiatives are on track to budget
• Manages monthly Scorecard generation to provide full and transparent visibility on Account Health and Supply Chain Value Stream success to both CHEP and Customers. Uses regular score-carding to identify issues & opportunities to maintain/improve account health
• Gains complete knowledge of Customer’s Supply Chain, resulting in identifying and leading additional operational efficiency initiatives and cost reduction opportunities
• Works closely with TPM (Total Pallet Management) Teams and Operations where applicable to deliver profitable and effective operational support for CHEP & Retail partners.
• Regular contact with Field Service Representatives to ensure proper activities are being accomplished in the assigned territories
• Communicates needed support and direction to cross-functional teams through Salesforce, Outlook, Teams, and direct phone calls
• Demonstrate team collaboration to utilize necessary resources to drive proactive improvement to account health
• Manages ad-hoc reports to customer and internal stakeholders to support account management objectives
• Partners closely with Inventory Management to successfully execute annual physical inventory/audit process in a timely manner. Drive to minimal variances in assigned area.
• Utilizes customer survey (NPS) results to identify areas of opportunity to improve Account Management performance as well as build and execute action plans to better meet customer expectations
• Actively leads or participates in process improvement projects that impact customer loyalty drivers
• Actively seeks out future commercial opportunities and integrates into strategic and tactical plans
• Establishes sustainable long term customer relationships
• Completes and reinforces all Zero Harm policies
• Leads and executes successful matrix behaviors
• Asset Productivity
• Value Creation Targets for Customer and CHEP
• Individual Personal Development
• Customer NPS Results
• Invoiced Revenue generation (transfer increases, sales of Retail Solutions)
• Sales & Efficiency Funnel
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Customer Relationship Management
• Account Planning
• Joint Value Creation Strategy and Planning
• Brambles Value Proposition
• Growth Strategies within portfolio
• Directors/VPs all functions
• Managers all functions (Finance, Operations, Transportation, Logistics, Marketing, HR)
• Field Service Reps
• Director and manager levels in logistics, operations, transportation, CSR/sustainability and customer services...VP level for annual reviews
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent job experience.
• Solid presentation skills, in-person and virtually with experience in Senior Level engagements
• Strategic thought-leaders and Innovation Management
• 5-7 years sales experience required including experience managing national customers
• 5-7 years within or closely interfacing with Supply Chain/Operations
• Proven record of selling in highly complex strategic environments
• Extended work in cross-functional matrix oriented internal structures
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Understanding of CHEP’s business model, systems and procedures
• Expert knowledge of supply chain
• Miller Heiman Strategic Selling in complex environments
• Leading projects in and successfully navigating and leveraging a matrix organization
• Strong Personal/Professional relationship building capability
• Working knowledge of Strategic and Situational Leadership Model
• Negotiating large complex agreements
• Innovative value proposition development
• Strong business acumen and excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellence in team-building and personal development.
• Outstanding communicator across multiple environments and levels in organization.
• Highly Organized and self-motivated
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].