Thermo Packaging Associate - B shift (Days)
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Bridgeview is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. It is located approximately 15 miles southwest of the Chicago Loop. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 16,446. It is a 10 minute car ride from Bridgeview to Bedford Park.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
'IND1P' #CB1 Responsibilities
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Safely and effectively packs finished goods and prepares product for shipment.
- Provides support for the operations team by working safely to feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack finished goods in correct configuration.
- Performs quality checks and ensures correct counts on various product sizes and packs into the appropriate packaging.
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and ensure quality product.
- Replacement of adhesive tape in hand tapers and automatic sealing machinery.
- Ensure that any finished goods or work in progress identification labels are present and placed in the correct position.
- Stacks finished product in correct configuration, ready for transportation.
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping, and that area(s) of responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Promptly inform supervisor of any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies; Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Ability to follow standard work instructions is required.