VP Global Insights & Strategic Intelligence
Role and Responsibilities:
Seeking a Global Consumer Insights thought leader responsible for devising and championing meaningful insight and measurement of consumer behavior and marketing impact in the development and testing of industry-wide communication, as well as in the development of new product innovation through the innovation funnel.
You will be generating high-quality insights and intelligence to increase sales and trust of dairy among the next generation target by demonstrating that dairy offers unparalleled dimensions of wellness for mind, body, and environmental impact. You will need to be a master storyteller to translate insights, opportunities, threats, and strategies into a compelling selling story to inspire the organization to activation. You should enjoy directing research but also rolling up your sleeves and digging into issues and data.
You also should have experience in both US and International markets, with a proven track record of leading breakthrough research with tangible in-market results.
- Have proven experience in influencing business strategy through consumer and market insights
- Ability to work well in x-functional team environments being the voice of the consumer/customer
- Comfortable with various syndicated data including IRI, Crest, Technomic, Euromonitor, Innova
- Agility in working with different innovation models – accelerators, incubators, etc.
- Innate curiosity to seek out the why behind the data and illuminate it for others
- Expert in leading different types of domestic and global research studies – e.g. long-term opportunity/ threat identification, new business development, segmentation, domestic and global market structure, strategy development.
- Ability to lead insights through new product development process – including ethnography, jobs-to-be-done, co-creation, idea / concept testing, in-market pilots / testing.
- Ability to advance an organization’s ability to understand consumer engagement, consumer value, and the impact of our sales and marketing investments
- Ability to design marketing measurement strategies - ongoing channel/campaign measurement delivery including test design development, attribution
- Creation of insight reporting/dashboards
- Ability in uncovering opportunities through market immersions and ethnographies
- Experience in working with and leading global research and communication agencies
- Trust - Can establish strong working relationship with all external and internal stake holders
- Influence - Has passion, conviction, and command of the facts to influence senior management and industry of potential opportunities and threats
- Ambiguity – Proven effective at working in an extremely ambiguous environment with limited guidance with resolve to break down barriers and solve problems
- 10+ years of Consumer Insights experience with both traditional and non-traditional research methods
- 5+ years in position with direct influence on Senior Leadership
- BA required; MA/MBA preferred
Reporting Relationships: Position reports to the SVP Global Insights & Strategic Intelligence
Travel: 20% travel