Freight Operations Manager
Dayton Freight Lines Inc.
You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Operations Managers and be a part of The Dayton Difference .
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Operations Managers develop methods and procedures for the most efficient and economical routing and movement of customers freight in an error-free manner as well as within established service center budget guidelines.
Additional job duties include:
- Utilize T.E.A.M. System for P&D and Dock Operations as well as trailer utilization report to maximize resource (i.e. company assets, equipment, personnel) capabilities.
- Prepare and compile daily, weekly, monthly production and service records and measure conformance to stated service center objectives.
- Observe, inspect and measure proficiencies in service center personnel to determine changes in work practices and/or procedures necessary to improve overall service center operations.
- Review logs and reports and confers with shift supervisory personnel to ascertain scheduling, production and administrative support function requirements.
- Maintain superior internal and external customer relations, consistent with company policies.
- Receive constructive criticism and praise in a business-like fashion and maintains a professional, positive attitude.
- Assist in the training, development and evaluation of all supervisory and production personnel work performance and recommends or initiates personnel records documentation.
- Responsible for recruitment of prospective subordinate employees, including screening, qualifying and interviewing in conjunction with Service Center Manager.
- Inspect Service Center facilities for conformance to prescribed standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Inspect service center for security, such as Bay doors locked at the end of each shift, tractors locked, key properly stored in designated area, freight in appointment trailers locked.
- Responsible for routine maintenance/repairs and initiates requisitions for corrective actions required through service center manager.
- Work closely with Line Coordinator in the planning and implementation of line haul schedules to ensure consistent attainment of on-time service performance requirements.
- Confer with various departments to ensure coordination of service center activities; i.e. line haul, sales, maintenance and claims.
- Issue directives to subordinates to coordinate the movement of expedited, late or special circumstance freight.
- Assist in the investigation of all accidents on job related injuries and ensures report preparation is timely and accurate with corresponding corrective actions initiated; coordinates same with Director of Safety. Is knowledgeable and has understanding and application of company safety practices including DOT, EPA, ICC and OSHA rules and regulations and ensures worker compliance.
- Participate in Controlled Substance Testing Program, which meets minimum Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for Pre-Employment, Random Reasonable Cause and Post Accident Testing.
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of regular service center meetings in order that all supervisory, staff and production/service personnel might be properly informed relative to service center performance, company trends, sales/marketing plans as well as individual accomplishments and performances. Is similarly for effective, consistent communications at the highest level possible as well as for facilitating our Open-Door policy.
- Coordinate and facilitate Company as well as service center sponsored TQM Continuous Improvement Process; is persistent in our corporate commitment to quality and excellence. Timely and effectively handles special assignments as directed.
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Keywords: warehousing manager, logistics, supervisor, inventory, shipping, distribution, logistics, receiving, transportation, distributor, shipper, delivery, manager, distribution center,