Injection Molding Technician
The individual will be working in custom injection molding and automation environment as an injection molding technician setting-up, running, and monitoring injection molding machines, and auxiliary molding equipment – grinders, chillers, loaders, robots, etc. Must be comfortable troubleshooting, have a background in manufacturing and be electrically and mechanically inclined. Responsible for maintaining all components of machinery in the manufacturing cell to ensure its running at maximum efficiency.
• Set-up and run injection molding machines – all basic process steps.
• Remove and set up molds in injection molding machines.
• Ability to monitor and run auxiliary molding equipment – grinders, chillers, loaders, robots etc.
• Troubleshooting of process issues.
• Experience performing preventative maintenance on machinery.
• Troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
• Communicate actions and problem resolution to the next shift.
• Works from specifications and blueprint drawings.
• Tear down; replace defective component units and parts such as injection molding machine. screw/barrels, check ring and nozzles, bearings, motors, servo motors, PLC's, gears, electronic drives, clutches, breaks, belts, chains and electrical parts.
• Ability to read and write English at an appropriate level in order to correctly perform essential duties.
• Moves, installs and adjusts appliances, fixtures, motors and other electrical/mechanical equipment for safety.
• Requests assistance from others for any problems beyond area of knowledge or expertise.
• Uses a variety of hand and power tools.
• Follows detailed instructions from others or written format.
• Makes routine checks on equipment; documents status; completes necessary reports
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in setting up and running injection molding machines MUST have prior experience running injection molding machines.
• Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience working in maintenance at a manufacturing facility
Please reference Job Code 4-30SB when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.Apply