Senior DOE Project Manager
We are searching for a Project Manager to support APTIM's projects, specifically Department of Energy (DOE) projects across the U.S. The Project Manager will be responsible for the effective management of work activities to achieve project objectives in compliance with contract terms and conditions. The Project Manager will lead a multi-disciplined team and develop project plans and procedures to accomplish the contract statement of work (SOW) and define the means & methods of accomplishment and develop a baseline for the scope including budgets/costs and a critical path schedule to achieve optimum performance. Travel and/or relocation may be required.
● Developing and maintaining a project organization (resource identification, utilization, & allocation) encompassing all disciplines required to execute and deliver the contract SOW.
● Oversee and direct all aspects of project management (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and project closeout) for the project
● Lead interaction as primary point of contact with Department of Energy (DOE)
● Assure effective implementation of the Earned Value Management System, as well as risk management and planning
● Track project progress against baseline schedules and budgets; resolve discrepancies and negative trends as early as feasible
● Overall coordination of initial work planning/scoping working with operations and engineering to develop a resource loaded schedule and cost estimate
● Primary interface with operations and project planners/schedulers
● Supervises daily activities of project personnel including technical and administrative support and ensures that deliverables are produced on schedule and within budget.
● Establishes and monitors project safety and quality programs.
● Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established company policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
● Proactively resolve issues with the customer
● Preparation of Financial Reports including Progress Reports (internal and client required)
● Bachelor of Science in relevant degree (Engineering, Science, Business)
● PMP Certification preferred
● Working knowledge of DOE Order 413.3B
● A minimum of 5 years of experience using Earned Value Management Systems and using Primavera 6 or similar project management software is desired
● Demonstrated experience in leading (supervising/managing) multi-discipline teams to achieve project objectives
● Experience in new construction, design/build, and/or D&D/remediation
● Experience at DOE facilities and projects with a detailed working knowledge of key DOE Orders related to EVMS, baseline management, ES&H, QA, ConOps, and Engineering/Construction.
● Minimum of 7 years project management supervisory experience on large, complex projects involving engineering/construction and/or hazardous (including radioactive) waste environmental remediation and disposal.
● Must be a US Citizen -- no dual citizenship