RN - Access Center Nurse
La Rabida Children's Hospital
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute care specialty hospital, we focus on treating those with complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children battling the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place. Oh, and the lakefront views are spectacular too!
Provide a convenient and efficient way of delivering timely medical education and support to clients outside the hospital settings. This service poses the ability to make an assessment in a knowledgeable and compassionate manner with regards to the health status of the caller through a verbal telephone interview. Coordinate the process of documentations such as plan of care forms, prescription refills, specialty letters and school physicals.
- Coordinates clinical intake of new patients to LRCH-outpatient
- Oversees the clinical aspects of the access center
- Provides a convenient and efficient process to triage patient care issues over the phone.
- Communication supports excellent service, teamwork and continuity of care
- Assists Outpatient Services Teams in providing excellent care & service to the patients and their families receiving outpatient services
- Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois required.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Educated on the principles of triage and has several years of experience in Acute and Chronic Disease settings preferred.
- CPR required. Only certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross will be accepted.
What you will receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
· Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
· Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.