La Rabida Children's Hospital
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute care specialty hospital, we focus on treating those with complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children battling the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place. Oh, and the lakefront views are spectacular too!
Monday – Friday, some weekend shifts
Evaluate and treat pediatric inpatients and outpatients who have problems with fine motor skills, activities of daily living, and sensory processing. Practices within an interdisciplinary model.
- Treatment of Patients
- Caregiver Training
- Adaptive Equipment/Fabrication
- Team Leadership/Membership Documentation/Communication
- Hospital Rounds/Staffings
- Support Activities/Projects
- Supervision of COTA, Students & New Staff
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in OT required; Master's in OT preferred
- Minimum pediatric affiliation, prefer 1-3 yrs pediatric OT experience – hospital-based or Early Intervention
- Illinois State License and certified by Board of Registry of AOTA
- Active member of AOTA, IOTA preferred. Proficiency in communication required
- Working knowledge of OT pediatrics, NDT, SI trained, EI Credential, as well as experience with splint fabrication is preferred
What you will receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
· Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
· Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Apply