Day Care Licensing Representative II
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
Anticipated Starting Salary: $4,587.00/monthly
Full Salary Range: $4,587.00 - $6,820.00/monthly
Vacancies in multiple cities throughout Illinois.
Under supervision, conducts initial licensing studies and re-licensing reviews of day care centers and homes to determine eligibility for licensing or re-licensing.
- Conducts preliminary reviews of the files of day centers and homes.
- Conducts on-site inspection.
- Initiates re-licensing activity.
- Makes appropriate licensing recommendations following review.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of assigned day care centers and homes.
- Investigates alleged violations of the Illinois Child Care Act and Department standards and regulations as applied to licensed, unlicensed, and license-exempt facilities.
- Obtains fire and health clearances for day care facilities from the Department of Public Health and state and local fire inspectors.
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in early childhood education or child development.
- Requires a minimum of 18 hours of coursework in child development or early childhood education.
- Requires two years professional experience in early childhood, daycare center, kindergarten, or a daycare licensing program.
- Requires possession of a valid driver's license, access to an operating vehicle, and proof of current auto insurance.